Libreria Pensile / Wire Bookcase
- A. & P. G. Castiglioni -
Originally designed in 1957, perfected over the years, and produced by Bernini in 1966. Seeking to pare down the structure of a bookcase to the absolute minimum, Castiglioni decided to hang the shelves on knots in two cords fixed to a single point on the wall.
The 1966 version consisted of four birchwood boards, faced with natural phenolic laminate, supported by two slender cables joined at the point of attachment—a satin-finish brass plate anchored to the wall.
A. & P. G. Castiglioni, 1957
Four shelves on Posi-Locks in two steel wires fixed to a single point on the wall. Max 30 KG per shelf.
Wood, alu, stainless steel, steel wire
- Black stained ash veneer
- White oiled solid oak